Sunday, March 14, 2010

Second time biking

The rain temporarily stopped today, so I got out on my bike for a second time.  This time I did about 6 miles.  I'm not sure that my gears shift, though.  Anyways, it hurts my neck, maintaining that crouched position.  I also worry about being in that position with my herniated disc in my back.  The ride was fine, though.  I considered it a win simply that I didn't fall.  I did 6 miles and it was painless, other than the discomfort in my neck and back. 

It was a perfect atmosphere to bike today.  The roads were closed off because of flooding on the Potomac River, but my little portion was opened.  So, I got to ride alone, which was really nice.

My lower hip/upper thigh still hurts.  It better get better before the National Marathon on Saturday.

Run: 0 miles
Swim: 0 miles
Bike: 6 miles

1 comment:

  1. Might be worth a quick bike fit at a local store. I had massive pain in my shoulders and back too until I was fitted properly.

    I think it's awesome that you're taking on IM with everything else you have going on. I can't wait until November, I spent last year in your shoes; learning everything for the first time - don't worry, it becomes second nature soon enough. Good luck with your training. If you're interested there's a good site for new people call www.iamtri.com - can answer some questions, etc..

    ReplyDelete